I’m sorry, what?

I know I wasn’t the only one thinking it, but holy cow! He wants us to pack 10 days worth of outfits into a hiking bag?

That was the first anxiety and fear that hit me when I was sitting in our Scotland class talking about the trip. Dr. Rubenstein had mentioned this detail before, at our first meeting, but this was more serious. We were actually going to pack everything into a hiking bag and there is no way all of my things were going to fit.

Aside from traveling internationally for the first time, I had no idea what to expect. I knew the weather would be rainy and cold, but how rainy and cold? How many jackets are we talking? Layers? Like leggings under my jeans layers, or just a hoody and a jacket layers?

I was so anxious about what I was supposed to pack, what I would forget, what I could buy once I got there.

I had absolutely no worries about teaching at Troqueer Primary School. I was excited to teach the primary students about the lessons that I had been preparing for the past 2 1/2 months.

I knew we were scheduled to tour a lot of cities, but in the beginning, I was most excited about reaching Dumfries and interacting with the Scottish primary students.