I leave for a completely different country in a completely different continent in about 5 days……. and boy let me say I am STRESSED/EXCITED/NERVOUS AS ALL GET OUT. I can’t believe that I’ll be in a place speaks a language I’m not fluent in, dresses different than me, and eats food that I can’t even pronounce. Usually, I just get comments on my strong southern accent, now I won’t even be able to say “Where is the bathroom?”. I remember being an incoming freshman and going to a study abroad meeting and thinking “Man I wish I could afford the trip of a lifetime like that.” Little did I know that there are multiple scholarships in place to help people like me! After receiving a scholarship that meant I could actually make it to Uruguay, the hardest part was just convincing my mom and dad to let me go! The past few months have flown by, and now I’m trying to figure what to pack, if I’ll need this or that, and oh Lord, do I really need 7 pairs of shoes? As I conclude my blog post all I can think is oh man, t-minus 5 days till I board a 14-hour plane flight to what’s sure to one of the most memorable experiences of my life! So I would like to thank my family and CAES for helping me learn that there is a world outside of Georgia and for making this trip possible!