Returning back home made me very happy, but also very sad that I was leaving behind the world of new experiences we had built in France. I never thought I would be as happy as I was when I saw my first Chickfil-A billboard in the United States, but I was ecstatic to eat my delicious, succulent, and crispy fried chicken sandwich and waffle fries with a large ICED sweet tea. Who knew that ice was a cultural difference between the US and France, none the less it is a big game changer when it comes to adding quality to your beverage. However, I never thought I’d crave the local culinary skills too, but the roasted duck I had tried was calling my name just after the 2nd week of being back state-side. I truly enjoyed the experience I had abroad by interacting with the local people, food, and culture. The friends I made while studying there, are friends I can return to visit in the future and are of great quality just like my American friends. The food will never be forgotten as I can attest that French cuisine is something not to be taken lightly because after eating good for 3 weeks of living there, I gained 5 pounds. Although I did gain some weight, I would like to say I think it was partly healthy weight because the French lifestyle made us walk… a ton! However walking everywhere felt really good to me and I liked that it was the normal thing to do instead of driving from place to place. I enjoyed the scenic views we had through the French countryside, but like Ray Charles sang it best, “I’ll always have Georgia on my mind.”

Posted in: ,