My time in Italy was incredible. I believe that during the course of this trip, I developed a lot as an individual. Before I left for Italy, I was hesitant to do things on my own and experience new things. In Italy, everything was new. I quickly learned that doing new things (with people and on my own) was exciting and positive. Coming back to the States where everything was even more familiar meant that it was even easier to do things I may not have thought of doing on my own before the trip. Cortona provided the perfect environment for immersion into Italian culture. The locals quickly welcomed the students and made the city feel even more like home. When I arrived in Italy I did not speak a word of Italian. Through some friends and some of the locals, I learned just barely enough to get around but still felt accomplished about it. If I were to return to Italy, and I plan to, my goal would be to better learn the language so that I can communicate with the locals more effectively. Overall the Viticulture and Enology trip was fun, informative, and helped me develop both as an individual and as a professional. I would highly recommend the trip!