….I just can’t wait to be in the air again! Today is the day and I’m super excited.

This past week has been a whirlwind of events and emotions. I graduated from the greatest university in the southland a few short days ago, and I am already off to the other side of the world!

I can’t wait to embark on my third study abroad journey with CAES! I am honored to be a part of the first ever CAES Romania study abroad. I look forward to meeting the people in the Heifer International beneficiary communities and seeing the impact that this organization has in their lives, as well as Romanian agricultural practices. I am also very excited about staying with a host family and getting to know other communication students. I feel as though this aspect of the trip will provide a very personal touch and allow us UGA students a better understanding of Romanian culture.

As a “foodie” I look forward to trying Romanian cuisine the most. I am not sure what their staple foods are, but I am eager to learn. The language barrier is always my biggest concern. It always causes me the most anxiety because I have so many questions for the people there! One of my good friends is Romanian and she told me that the language is similar to Italian. Luckily, the students are there to help translate.

I am ready for Romania. Pa!

Posted in: , ,