Bonjour! I am currently sitting at my laptop browsing through websites in a frantic attempt to learn French, trying to think of anything I may have forgotten to pack and intently watching An American in Paris (one of my favorite movies) for the 10th time today trying to observe everything I can about French culture- the language, mannerisms, food, clothing, etc. (while also keeping in mind that this is just a movie and probably not accurate at all). I have quickly realized these are not things that I can learn overnight. Reality hit me after I checked in online at British Airways. I leave for Toulouse, France in less than 24 hours.
I am overwhelmed with emotions- mainly anxiety and excitement. Although I have flown out of the country before, I’m still concerned about a few things. The 8+ hour plane ride, communicating with french people and navigating through the different cities make me slightly nervous. However, I am more excited than worried. I’m excited to experience new people, places, food and everything else that France has to offer! I look forward to fully immersing myself in French culture. We have a full itinerary and I’m eager to engage in every activity and learning experience.
I am so fortunate to attend a university that offers this amazing opportunity. Moreover, I am extremely grateful that I was awarded the Deans’ Promise International Travel Scholarship. I absolutely love my college. This Ag Dawg is going abroad and I could not be more ecstatic.
The weather is supposed to be warm and dry for the first week. I hope it stays that way for the entire trip! The next time I write I will be in France. Au revoir!

Courtney J.