Despite the fact that this is not my first trip to Europe, France took awhile to get used to! Between the jet lag and the language barrier the first few days really pushed me outside of my comfort zone, especially when it came to the dreaded task of ordering food at a restaurant. While it didn’t take long for our French classes to enable us to be fearless in our conquering of the city’s shops, restaurants, and cafe’s, the first week was a little shaky and I mainly just prayed someone spoke english. Our first day of school at ENSAT started off quietly enough, until we heard marching band music growing louder and louder. Our teacher exclaimed “Oh the students must be coming for you!” I think I almost had a heart attack at those words, thinking “what in the world have I gotten myself into?” The band led us around the school and to meet our ‘God parents’ who had been assigned to help us out during our stay. After the first day of class the trip settled into a more routine schedule of lectures of various agricultural topics followed by related field trips in the afternoon. I am excited to see what the rest of the trip has in store!