Hello all,

I have been having a great time in Costa Rica. This is the first time I have ever been out of the country. I have to say this has been a wonderful experience that I will remember the rest of my life. This place takes you into a simpler way of life and exposure to an unfamiliar culture. For example the Costa Rican country has a saying: Pura Vida. Pura Vida means Pure Life. This is part of there culture, which refers to attaining a plentiful life.

This trip focuses on Avian Biology, meaning we are here to study wild birds in their natural habitats. Prior to coming to this trip, I had hardly any experience on identifying birds. On the first few days it was hard for me to identify the birds. Gaining experience along the way, it has become easier and easier. I have been identifying birds with the help of our tour guides. Soon I will be able to identify the birds without any help. The guides and teacher have provided the basis to learn and now it is in my hands to go out and learn all that I can. No one will ever stop learning new things, so why not just go ahead and embrace it? I love to learn new things and will continue to do so.

Not only this trip was fun and exciting on experiencing and learning new things, it is a door way that has been opened for more trips. I plan on traveling more internationally on my own time and trying to learn as much as I can about other countries and cultures. Visiting so many places makes me what to come to Costa Rica again one day.