It’s weird now that I’m back I can say the words “While I was studying abroad in Europe…” That is something I never thought I would get the opportunity to say. It continues to blow my mind.

I’ve loved sharing my stories with my friends and family since I’ve returned. How Europe was so much different than the U.S. How much we walked, how much we saw. It’s impossible to share a month’s worth of experiences in a set of stories, but I’ve tried. I’ve also tried to keep in mind to not be overbearing with it. I don’t want to be that person that won’t stop talking about “their time in Europe”. Bleck.

I just have to keep in mind how absolutely lucky I am to have been able to participate in this program. A lot of things had to line up to make my exact experience possible and they did. I think the key is staying thankful for what we are able to do as students at the University of Georgia, the best university in the world.

I’m still in the process of sharing all of my pictures on Facebook for my family and friends to see. I want to caption all of them and put them in nice groups and only post quality pictures…which means I have to sort through all 2,000 of my pictures before I post them. It’s a lot of work, but it’s also nice to be able to sort of relive my trip through my pictures. I was taking them constantly so it’s easy to remember how I was feeling and what I was experiencing every day of the trip.

As I’m reflecting, I want to leave you, the reader who is considering studying abroad, with some advice. DO IT. Do it and love it and document it and share it and let it change you. DO. IT.