Even though I have visited Italy before, Cortona is by far the most breathtaking place I have ever visited. Unlike Rome and Florence, Cortona is a quiet town, nestled away amongst rolling hills. Cortona is a stress free place, where nobody seems to be in a hurry- instead everyone just lives in the moment, Almost daily I would visit Café Signorelli, a place you could sip on your coffee and spend hours watching the world pass by. In the United States restaurant owners may be eager to hand you the check and push you outside, but in Italy they encourage you to relax and stay awhile!

The second week of my time in Cortona I got to see some celebrations in honor of Santa Margherita, which involved an historic crossbow competition, and every district in the city puts forward an archer to represent them. On the second day of festivities, there was flag-throwing and then the districts walked from the main square up towards Santa Margherita which is located at one of the highest points in Cortona!

In my short time in Cortona, I have already had the chance to try so many amazing foods besides the variety of pastas and pizzas offered everywhere! On our first weekend in Cortona my friends and I went to a restaurant called El Preludio. It was one of the best dinners I have had so far on the trip, and it was also my first time eating pigeon! When traveling it is so important to keep an open mind and try new things!