From the very beginning of my time at UGA, I have always dreamed of studying abroad, and in a couple of days that dream will become a reality! I never imagined that I would ever be able to go abroad for a full two weeks, but the College of Agriculture and Environmental Science’s Dean’s Promise has made it possible. I will be traveling to Romania with a handful of other CAES students to interact with and tells the stories of many Romanians who are involved in agriculture.

The week leading up to this trip has been a whirlwind—from finishing up final exams to moving out of my dorm, and now on to preparing for the trip, it’s been crazy to say the least. I’ve been sorting through boxes from my dorm to find the things that I want to take to Romania. I’ve been running errands to pick up stuff like adapters and khakis. I’ve been calling banks. I’ve been trying to spend as much quality time as possible with my family. And now, as I finish up writing this post, I’m thinking about all of the packing that I still need to do, so, I guess I’ll go do that now…