Today’s the day! I can’t believe it. I feel like I’ve been waiting for this forever and now it’s here and it doesn’t even feel real. I finished most of my packing last night, but only because my mom sat with me and made me do it so that I wouldn’t wait til the last minute. In 10 hours I will be on a flight to Costa Rica, where I will spend 3 weeks traveling the country. I am hoping that this trip is full of firsts. I am so grateful for this experience that I am about to have and want to make the most of it, but I am nervous about leaving my new kitten and my family. I rarely go more than a day without talking to my mom, so this will be very strange for me.

I decided I wanted to do this trip last fall when I was in an introduction to poultry science class and enjoyed it so much. I am also a Spanish minor, which is helpful. I haven’t been to a Spanish speaking country since I started studying the language. I am excited about the chance to better my Spanish with native speakers and have the culture around me.

Now all that’s left to do is say my goodbyes!

Dawn

Previous:
Next: