Indepth Research Services (IRES), a Nairobi-based training and consultancy organization, is hiring seven employees to offer technical training and education services to individuals and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; and other areas.
The seven Learning Advisor positions are for experts in:
- Research, Data Management and Statistics Institute
- Project Management, Monitoring and Development Evaluation Institute
- GIS, Remote Sensing and Earth Observation Institute
- Agriculture, Food Security and Rural Development Institute
- ICT for Development (ICT4D) and Mobile Technologies
- Development and Humanitarian Work Capacity Building Institute
- Governance, Leadership and Management Institute
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Creation or modification of required training modules guided
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc.)
- Market available training opportunities to organizations and provide necessary information
- Conduct sector wide needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Assess instructional effectiveness and summarize evaluation reports determining the impact of training on learners’ skills and how it affects KPIs
- Partner with stakeholders and liaise with matter experts regarding instructional design
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training materials records
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Development and analysis of training assessments
- Ability to manage varying classroom sizes
- Determine additional training strategies based on data or observation
- Provide consistent and developmental feedback to clients
- All other relevant duties assigned
Applicants must have:
- Knowledge of Public Service in Kenya
- Proven working experience in coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques
- MS Office proficiency
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with all levels (client, sales, program managers, supervisors, and agents)
- Previous training assessment and evaluation experience
- Project management skills required.
The jobs require:
- Relevant First Degree (bachelor’s) in the respective Institutes. Relevant masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Research and Statistics, Agricultural Economic, M & E, Project Management, ICT & Mobile Technology or any other relevant Social Science related background in the respective Institutes
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience in a related field/position especially in an Institution of Higher Learning.
- A working knowledge in Sales & Marketing, preferably product/business development.
- Research and data analysis skills (qualitative and quantitative).
- Statistical analysis skills will be required
- Teaching/training experience will be required
- Proficient in any or several of the following software: EPI INFO, STATA, QGIS, ArchGIS, SPSS among others
Send applications to email@example.com by 24 January. Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.