The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship is accepting applications for women pursuing a master’s degree or Ph.D in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field. The closing date to apply is 30 April 2018. The scholarship covers tuition, living stipend, books, travel and other expenses.
- Be a female citizen of an African Union member state
Be under the age of 35 years for master’s programs and under 40 years for Ph.D. program
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field at the level of Upper Second Class Honours for a master’s programme, or hold a master’s degree in the relevant field for a Ph.D. program.
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards if any.
- Have proof of admission to undertake a full time master’s or Ph.D. program in a recognized university of an African Union member state.
- Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of studies for at least three years.
The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship was launched in 2007 with the aim of contributing to the production and retention of high caliber African human capital for sustainable development of the continent in critical development areas, while promoting regional integration through intra-Africa mobility of students. The scholarship scheme is intended to enable young Africans to study in reputable African universities with a binding agreement that beneficiaries will work in any African country for at least the same duration of scholarship period after graduation.
Go to the scholarship website for more info or to apply.