Do you have a winning photograph in your camera? Feed the Future is taking entries through this month for its annual global photo contest.
Photos help tell the story of how Feed the Future is helping millions of farmers and their families build a better life through improved food security and nutrition.
You can enter up to three high-quality images that illustrate Feed the Future in action (along with great captions and photo credits) by Friday, Feb. 3, 2017.
In the past, photos have been used to promote FtF on social media, print publications and reports.
- Research and innovation, such as new technologies, in action
- Private sector engagement
- Women’s empowerment
- Doing business differently
- Improved nutrition
- Environment-sensitive development
- Increased resilience & productivity
- Feed the Future value chains (eg., fish, horticulture, legumes)
- Value chain activities from farm to market to table, including off-farm activities
- Youth engagement in agriculture
Here are some of the technical rules:
- Photos must be high-resolution, at least 1024 pixels or larger (tall or wide) or around 300 pixels per inch. Send the highest resolution version of the photo you have (at least 1 MB). If you are using Photoshop, please send only level 7 or higher compressed photos.
- Only JPG and JPEG formats accepted
- Photos must each be an original submission (submitted by photographer or with permission) and not previously submitted to a Feed the Future or USAID photo contest
- Photos must each include a credit: name of photographer and organizational affiliation
- Photos must each include a caption that includes a description of what is going on in the photo, who is involved, where it was taken, and how it is a part of or relates to the Feed the Future initiative
- Photos should “tell the story” of Feed the Future and its impact
- Photos must be taken within the last two years
- Photos must be in color
And here are the legal rules:
- You must declare that you own the copyright of the photograph and it is your original work.
- You must have permission to use the visual image of any identifiable individual or building in the photograph for entry into the competition and that the image may be published as stipulated in the photo contest rules.
- You must agree that USAID and/or other individual U.S. Government Feed the Future partners who use the photo will not be responsible for the infringement of any third party rights in the photograph, moral or otherwise, that may arise as a result of your actions or omissions and that you indemnify USAID and/or other individual Feed the Future partners against all legal fees, claims, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the contest rules.
- You must grant reproduction rights for Feed the Future (under USAID and the interagency) use and in doing so agree that USAID and/or other individual Feed the Future partners can use your photograph for the purposes of the competition and also for future reproduction on websites and literature and other materials at USAID’s and/or other individual Feed the Future partners’ discretion. Photographs will be credited where appropriate.
To submit a photo, email firstname.lastname@example.org with all the required information and attach photo(s). Submissions with a logo or time stamp visible on top of the photo will not be accepted.