Lab news feed
- Looking for Post-doc to study whitefly distributions and trophic interactions in vegetable production landscapes. https://wfscjobs.tamu.edu/jobs/postdoctoral-researcher-in-trophic-interactions-and-spatial-modeling-of-whiteflies-in-vegetable-production-landscapes-georgia/
- Illumina sequences forming for multiple projects
- What’s the buzz about: protecting pollinators and beneficial enemies. Green Webinar UGA
- Summer Young Scholar did amazing work in the lab and presented on research results
- IPPM Workshop – Research & Education Gardens UGA-Griffin: Arthropod ID – Common Pests, Pollinators, Natural Enemies
- Crazy amount of field preparation and lab preparation for sequencing and trophic data
- Rachel Perez, Emmalee Milner and Carson Bowers present winning presentations at GES
- Southeast Branch ESA: Annual meeting of multistate project S1073
- Presented work on trophic interactions in GA commodities and importance of biocontrol
- Georgia Organics Conference: Farm tour of wildflower plots and presented information on wildflowers and beneficial arthropods
- Cotton Commodity Commission Annual meeting: Presented on Natural enemies and functions in GA cotton.
- Southeast Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference: Awesome meeting this year and had very good participation and attendance to our workshop and symposium on biocontrol in southeast vegetable systems.
- ESA – Great student talks – Nice work Carson Bowers.
- Seth Whitehouse’s second manuscript in blueberries – published online
Local and landscape-scale heterogeneity shape spotted wing drosophila (Drosophila suzukii) activity and natural enemy abundance: implications for trophic interactions https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1Y7WncA-IW0Ux
- Shereen Xavier publishes second paper in Remote Sensing
- Undergraduate assistant publishes paper in JES- Nice work Casey Graham
- Southeast Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference invited talk on blueberry predators http://dev.manicmoosemedia.com/SERegional/wp-content/uploads/Show-Me-the-Predators-Unraveling-the-Enemies-of-Georgia-Blueberry-Pests.pdf