Why not make us your homepage and learn something (almost) everyday!
If you like to keep things simple, here’s how to set your home page in three easy steps.
- Open the web site you want to set as your home page. If you want a blank home page, open a new tab.
- Click the icon to the left of the web address, drag it to the Home button, and release.
- Click Yes to set this as your home page.
Try it out: Click the Home button and your new home page will load in the current tab. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to the webpage you would like to set as the home page.
Click the arrow to the right of the Home button , and then clickAdd or Change Home Page.
- In the Add or Change Home Page dialog box, do one of the following:
- To make the current webpage your only home page, click Use this webpage as your only home page.
- To start a home page tab set or to add the current webpage to your set of home page tabs, click Add this webpage to your home page tabs.
- To replace your existing home page or home page tab set with the webpages you currently have open, click Use the current tab set as your home page. This option will only be available if you have more than one tab open in Internet Explorer.
- Click Yes to save your changes.
Select General from the Preferences menu, which is now overlaying your browser window. OnceGeneral is selected, you will notice a section labeled Home Page in the main window of the Preferences dialog.
Directly to the right of the “Home Page” label is an edit field containing your current home page URL. In the example below, Safari’s current home page is http://www.apple.com. To modify this address, simply erase the contents of the edit field and replace it with the desired web address.
Directly below this edit field you will see a button labeled Set to Current Page. Clicking this button will change your home page setting to whatever page you are currently viewing within the Safari browser.
Once you have completed your changes, close the Safari Preferences dialog by clicking the red circle/x located in the top left hand corner of the box.
You can set your favorite webpage as your home page and have it appear whenever you start up your browser. And if you add the home page button to the browser toolbar, you can click it at anytime to get to your home page.
Follow these steps to adjust your home page settings:
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on a Chromebook).
- Click the Basics tab.
- Set your home page
Pick the page you’d like to be your home page in the “Home page” section. You can select to use the New Tab page as your home page. To use another page, select “Open this page” and enter the web address of the page you’d like to use.
- Add the home button to the browser toolbar
Want a button on the browser toolbar that you can click to open your home page? Select the “Show Home button” checkbox in the “Toolbar” section.
- Set your home page as your startup page
To see your homepage whenever you open Google Chrome, go to the “On startup” section and select “Open the home page.”
- Set your home page