Website Summerhill Landscapes Inc.
• Work closely with farm and landscape management team and delegate tasks to team.
• Responsible for coordination of project work with farm team. This includes ensuring all necessary data for each job is accurate, and tracking of the cost and man hour budget through construction of project thru to final invoicing
• Responsible of ensuring the field team is tracking all work throughout the process of assigned jobs.
• Responsible for maintaining up-to-date set of plans for each farm and ensuring management team is updating overall plans
• Assist in scheduling all field-related activities to be performed and or proposal specifications and within established budgets
• Manage the process of scheduling Drivers, trucks, trailers equipment, transporting material /goods, efficiently, safety, compliance, cost effective and timely to landscape projects.
• – Liaison to Purchasing Department, Project Managers, Delivery Drivers, Outside-Contractors, Nursery Crew, Administrative and Management,
• – Monitor and improve efficiency for loading/unloading, fuel use, maintenance cost, percent of truckload capacity, routing, labor productivity, transit time.
• Develop and document quality assurance process standards for the nursery operation
– Digging practice, Planting methods, Handling & Care including pruning techniques, Composting & Soil management, Schedules, Maintenance Including plant health care, mowing and Weed Control
• Manage, devise and execute a brush, soils and materials management plan
• Assists in the development and recommendation of departmental budget and work with farms manager on efficiencies and equipment purchase recommendations.
• Verify growing and production specifications are being met.
• Manage and drive the staff work list process to ensure each assigned job is thoroughly completed to highest standards
• Support and assist the Nursery Production Manager with IPM
To apply for this job please visit summerhilllandscapes.isolvedhire.com.
· Monitoring & controlling our nurseries to ensure they are efficient and safe. Farm forepersons will report directly to you. · Communicate with Nurseries regarding the pricing, ordering and shipping of plant material, i.e. plant availability, date required, job site or delivery site location · Email communication with vendors, staff, & job related persons relating to the plant material for all landscape installations · Phone log kept of incoming and outgoing calls pertaining to jobs · Typing Purchase Orders and emailing or faxing to vendors to confirm orders · Coordinate shipment, delivery or pickup of plant material to job sites with Landscape Manager · Maintaining Up to date Photo Files – taken from emails, camera, or phone · Maintaining/update farm inventory weekly · Communication with related parties on irrigation, equipment, maintenance, etc. *This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected. An employee may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work under pressure. Ability to oversee and coordinate a variety of people in different roles. Extremely detail-oriented. Ability to read, understand, and execute drawings, and plans. Manage and control all plant inventories at Summerhill nurseries and to all projects ton include irrigating, plant health care and general plant maintenance.
Vacation, Sick time, 401K, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.