Website Atlanta Botanical Garden- SouthEastern Center for Conservation
The Atlanta Botanical Garden invites applications for the position of Plant Digitization Technician in the Conservation & Research Department. The successful candidate will report to the Plant Digitization Assistant under the guidance of the Research Scientist-Genetics, Conservation Database Coordinator, and Plant Documentation Manager.
Seasonal position, funded for 360 hours per technician, at $12/hr. Part-time or full-time available.
Part time: 18-24 weeks at 16-20 hours/week
Starting Date: February 2024
End Date: June/July 2024
Full-time: 9 weeks at 40 hours/week.
Starting Date: February 2024
End Date: April/May 2024
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.
- Take high-quality images of plant collections, including close-up plant photography
- Obtain GPS coordinates for permanently planted accessions
- Edit photos digitally, according to the standards for this project
- Maintain detailed records of all data collected according to standard operating procedures
- Travel to Gainesville, GA, and Midtown Atlanta, GA, will be required
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and adaptable
- Experience with digital photography using a DSLR or digital mirrorless camera, shooting on manual focus modes, strongly preferred
- Macro photography experience is beneficial but not required
- Enrolled in a college, technical, or university program majoring in Photography, Plant Biology, Biology, Horticulture, Ecology, Environmental Science or similar, OR holds a Bachelor’s degree in one of the above or similar and has graduated in the last four years
- Minimum of one year of prior work experience
- Prior experience with plant identification is advantageous
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have a reliable vehicle for traveling between garden locations
- Must have a mobile phone and data for interdepartmental communications
- Ability to spend long periods working outside during the summer months in Georgia in various weather and temperature extremes.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively respond to multiple, changing, and often conflicting priorities is essential.
- Must effectively interact with the general public, co-workers, and peer professionals.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position. However, this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Botanical Garden to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.