The 2015 Georgia – Florida Green Industry Update.
This in-person, hands-on program will provide the latest on emerging problems, new IPM tools and up-to-date information on all the issues important to nursery/greenhouse growers, landscape professionals and other Green Industry personnel—all while providing GA and FL Pesticide and ISA CEU’s to keep you current with your professional licenses. Note: This program offers 4 hours of GA pesticide re-certification credits in category 24 – Ornamentals & Turf and category 21 – Plant Agriculture for persons having commercial or private pesticide licenses in Georgia. It will also offer up to 4.25 ISA Southern Chapter credits (Certified Arborist – 4.25; Utility Specialist – 1; Municipal Specialist – 4.25; BCMA Science – 2.25; BCMA Management – 2).
Registration opens at 8:00 a.m. with sessions beginning at 9:00 a.m. and concluding by 4:15 p.m.
Speakers and topics:
- Gary Knox (University of Florida/IFAS) – Update on Crapemyrtle Bark Scale
- Jean Williams-Woodward (University of Georgia) – Countdown on the newest diseases affecting landscape and nursery plants
- Paul Pugliese (UGA Extension) – The Effects of Phenoxy Herbicides on Landscape Trees and Shrubs
- Paul Thomas (University of Georgia) – Strategies for Optimal Winter Annual Installations
- Will Hudson (University of Georgia) – Managing insects and mites with newer pesticides
- Matthew Chappell (University of Georgia) – Selecting Shade Trees for the Coastal Plain
Date and Location:
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Coastal Georgia Botanical Garden at the Historic Bamboo Farm
2 Canebrake Road
Savannah, GA 31419
Registration cost is $100.00 and includes lunch. Register at this link: http://t.uga.edu/1Od