Allan Armitage’s New Book Now Available

armitagebookcover3dIt’s Not Just About the Hat – The Unlikely Journey of a Plantsman (2015). Dr. Allan Armitage–author of over a dozen books, a perennial and annual mobile app, teacher, lecturer and one of the most respected plant authorities in the green industry–has penned his memoirs. His stories depict his unlikely trajectory as a shy boy from a quiet neighborhood in Montreal to a world-renowned plantsman.

Of his memoirs, Dr. Armitage says, “I had no intention of writing about myself. I could not imagine anything more boring or presumptuous. However, after weaving many tales about my family and background through plant talks and stories, people kept asking, ‘How did you get here from there?’ so I finally decided to write a few things down. I am not a politician, a rock star or a famous athlete. I cannot enthrall you with drugs, sex or money, just a few stories that most of us can probably relate to.”

This book exemplifies everything you have come to expect from one of the most engaging storytellers today. From digging graves to braving North Atlantic storms, Dr. A’s adventurous life is revealed like an unfurling bloom–each petal just a little wilder than the one before.

HOW TO ORDER: Just go to the website, www.allanarmitage.net/shop. Dr. A will personalize and autograph all copies. Or go to Amazon.com